Bar

 photo 0db933c3-55da-4a53-b834-d922f346d827_zps380af997.jpg photo e2177fbe-a9fd-4a15-938d-824cadc268bb_zps025545b1.jpg  photo c7305fd0-9965-4d7d-8fba-f9e7ae2836c3_zps536b2fe2.jpg photo e2177fbe-a9fd-4a15-938d-824cadc268bb_zps025545b1.jpg photo e24e0b86-a8f9-443c-9da7-86d85efadf6f_zps53f3cc1e.jpg photo e2177fbe-a9fd-4a15-938d-824cadc268bb_zps025545b1.jpg photo 972b13a7-cb20-4c32-a196-dc3fed80c9dd_zpsf9f5f5cd.jpg

May 12, 2016

INFJ: Myers-Briggs

When Eric and I first met, it quickly became apparent to us that we were pretty perfect for one another.


Through reflection and introspection, we've realized that a huge reason that we're so perfect for each other is that we are exceptionally similar. What I'd been looking for all those years was myself. I'd been waiting for me to come along.


Not only have Eric and I noticed our similar personalities, but it has been confirmed by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. 

The Myers-Briggs is a questionnaire designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions. 

In short, it's a personality test.

Now, I know what you're thinking...


But it's not like one of those "Which Disney Princess Are You" (Belle) or "Which Hogwarts House Do You Belong In" (Gryffindor) quizzes.

By nature, any personality test is rather subjective, but given how accurate the Myers-Briggs has been with Eric and me, I like to think that there's a little more to it.


The Myers-Briggs has 16 possible personality types:


Each personality type is a four-letter acronym comprised from the following four pairs of dichotomies:
  • Introversion (I) or Extraversion (E)
  • Intuition (N) or Sensing (S)
  • Thinking (T) or Feeling (F)
  • Judging (J) or Perceiving (P)

Both Eric and I are INFJs.

A big part of being an INFJ is that "we seek meaning and connection in ideas and relationships; we want to understand what motivates people and are insightful about others."

So it's no surprise that Eric and I are fascinated by the Myers-Briggs. We love analyzing how accurate INFJ descriptions are in relation to our personalities, as well as analyzing how we and others act and interact with one another based on our personality types. Essentially, we like knowing what makes people tick.


i.e. Chronic over-analyzers who can't get out of our own heads.


If you would also like to do some introspecting and analyzing, you can take the Myers-Briggs assessment here: www.16personalities.com. And definitely let me know your results; as I said, I'm fascinated by it. However, it might not mean much to me if it's from a complete stranger reading my blog; but if you feel like letting me know, stranger, then by all means.

Also, I find the four-letter acronyms can be difficult to remember when I'm comparing other people's results; so I like to use something that's easier for me to relate with, and therefore, easier to remember. There are lots of subjective Myers-Briggs character charts, and my chart of choice is Harry Potter:


So there you have it: A brief introduction to Myers-Briggs as well as the INFJ (me!). 

Given that INFJs are actually the rarest of the 16 personality types, hopefully this blog post (and potentially more down the road relating to my INFJ personality) can help to explain my quirky, complex, and bewildering personality. Sometimes, I don't even know what I'm about!


No comments:

Post a Comment