Bar

 photo 0db933c3-55da-4a53-b834-d922f346d827_zps380af997.jpg photo e2177fbe-a9fd-4a15-938d-824cadc268bb_zps025545b1.jpg  photo c7305fd0-9965-4d7d-8fba-f9e7ae2836c3_zps536b2fe2.jpg photo e2177fbe-a9fd-4a15-938d-824cadc268bb_zps025545b1.jpg photo e24e0b86-a8f9-443c-9da7-86d85efadf6f_zps53f3cc1e.jpg photo e2177fbe-a9fd-4a15-938d-824cadc268bb_zps025545b1.jpg photo 972b13a7-cb20-4c32-a196-dc3fed80c9dd_zpsf9f5f5cd.jpg

July 15, 2013

Shenanigans


All right, enough of these shenanigans with the blog hiatus. It's been so long since I've last blogged that I fear the blogging police will rescind my blog (that's a thing, right?).


I've begun to miss my recreational blogging. Oftentimes when I've been reading other people's blogs, strangers' or friends', I start to get envious of their fun blogs, then I remember I have a blog and I'm being completely irrational.


Part of the problem is that I am having a blog identity crisis. When I started my blog, the main reasons behind it were to keep my family and friends informed on how Eric and I (and Abby) --


--were fairing in Vancouver (poorly) and to make an attempt at documenting our lives. Well, we're no longer in Vanpoover (praises be).

And it turns out that Eric and I are charmingly uninteresting. So now I need to reevaluate the existence and meaning of my blog. Very existential.



If I'm not really writing to keep family and friends up to date on our lives, what should I write about? Well, I don't really want to continue trying to do a journal-esque documenting of my life because, as we've all witnessed, it hasn't gone too swimmingly thus far. The pressure of constantly updating on my life is too much! I have far too great of an attention problem to have to stick to a linear timeline. Attention span of a gnat, this one.

So maybe from now on I'll attempt more of a random smattering of shorter blog posts or something. Who knows. I don't want to make any promises about the frequency of my posts because it clearly hasn't worked in the past and it's added pressure. Ah! Pressure!



I also really don't care for the look of my blog. Hopefully I'll get around to remedying that at some point and then this comment will be irrelevant.
(Edit: revamped the blog and am satisfied with it ... for now)

And let's not kid -- another huge reason I haven't been blogging is because I've been insanely busy. I don't know where the last seven months have gone!


So in summation, I am going to be attempting a bit of an overhaul on the blog, both in appearance and substance. Hopefully this will re-motivate me and rekindle a fondness for my blog.

And in an effort to not wear myself out on my first blog post in a good while, I shall resist my usual habit of overdoing it with the length of my blog posts and sign off now before I get carried away. Hopefully this will translate to more frequent blog posts because, I know, you've all missed me terribly!

2 comments:

  1. Bahahaha, your gifs were spot on!! Where did you get all of them? You should seriously check out the tumblr called snark and testimony - it's a members take on parts of church with gifs.

    If you ever need blog design-y type help, let me know! I'm seriously obsessed and I can point you in the right direction on where to get info if you want to do it all yourself. I like your clever sense of humour - can that be like a request for funny posts? Haha

    WE NEED TO HANG OUT! We live in the same city and I seriously haven't even seen you since that primary thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you, Kristen! That was such a delightful comment that it deserves a comprehensive response. So I'll respond via Facebook.

    ReplyDelete