|Note the baby bug's diaper.|
2. I used to be one of those that said I'd never switch from books to reading tablets. I wanted that wonderful and familiar feel of having a book in my hands. Then last summer I read The Help on my sister's Kindle. Well, that completely changed my opinion. No holding open big books with annoying creases, no pages blowing in the wind, no pinky getting sore from holding open the book, and best of all, if you're going on a trip somewhere, you don't need to pick and choose between books or do what I did and bring a gagillion pounds worth of books because you don't know what ones you'll want to read.
If you're still a neanderthal and are against the idea of reading tablets, thinking that you can't give up the feel of a book, I strongly suggest you try a reading tablet and then decide which is better.
3. When I have the house to myself, I turn into a Broadway star.
|Speaking of Les Misérables, are you all aware that they are doing a movie of the musical to be released December 14, 2012? GET EXCITED! I know I am. |
Hugh Jackman: Jean Valjean! Russell Crowe: Javert! And numerous other fantastic cast members! SQUEAL!
4. To encourage Eric and myself to finally start being picture-taking people, we bought a new, fancy camera. Hopefully some amazing pictures will be coming your way soon.
5. Eric's ex, Patti, and I have recently defied all social conventions by becoming friends (it's official because it's on Facebook). We seem to be kindred spirit-esque, and therefore, it would be silly to not be friends because she once dated Eric. I was my usual subtle self in broaching the subject of friendship to Patti.
We're horribly excited about the idea of being back in Alberta. We've greatly enjoyed it here, but even though we're only one province away from Alberta, we feel like strangers in a foreign land. We're Albertans through and through.
So anyone that wanted to come visit us in Vancouver had better get their butts over here before we leave!
7. Stupid coastal climate.
Our current series is Battlestar Galactica. We are obsessed. I don't think we've ever burned through a series quite like this. It consumes us. We've basically given up on all our current TV shows to power through BSG. If you are as cool as me, Eric, or Dwight Schrute, I would definitely suggest starting up Battlestar Galactica. And as Dwight would say, "Have you ever watched Battlestar Galactica? No? Well, then you're an idiot."
9. I had no transcripts to work on this weekend. None! Zip! It was heaven. I did a lot of this:
As well as watching Battlestar Galactica, obviously.
10. I am not a fan of clothes shopping. I get overwhelmed by all of the factors that come into play: (1) too many people, line-ups, etc..., (2) too much selection, (3) hate trying clothes on, (4) get distracted from my original purpose, (5) money! So I usually go in spurts. I go as long as I can without shopping until I absolutely have to get new clothes. This last spurt has been pretty bad because I have needed to update my business wardrobe but kept putting it off. There are multiple things in my wardrobe that I can trace back to grade 11 or even further back! I finally went shopping yesterday and was in some crazed and possessed shopping state. I didn't even initially intend to do it, but I was at the mall, saw H&M, and then went into Rambo mode. The shopping Gods blessed me with zero lines to the dressing room and the till. And now I have pretty, new clothes. Huzzah.